Infected Telecom Stations
by Charles Horvath (Oldanimal)
Archive Maintainer : replace the old one with that, please
Update to : telekom.wad
Advanced engine needed : strong limit removing
Primary purpose : Single/coop
Title : Telekom v1.42
Filename : telekom.zip
Release date : 2010.06.10.
Author : Charles Horvath (Oldanimal)
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Files By Author : smallde1.wad
Misc. Author Info : 50 years old doom player
Description : 32 level megawad for classical (2,5D) shooter level lovers. Paar time 16 hours. Not a joke. Not for speedrunners or labirynth-fans. Usually not epic, walker or puzzled levels. Approx. 25,000 sectors. High-resolution textures, zdoom-style ambient sounds, some effects for jdoom-like ports, but the main wad is organised to be compatible with any other ports. Due to that it contains ambient sounds, doom2 or doom95 can't open this file (unknown thing error). Too many lines on sight, but modern ports can handle it.
Standalone music & sounds wad, if you don't bear them. My opinion, that it is almost impossible to create better sounds than the originals, but my ones are quite good, due to that they have been selected, tried and edited for years. The sounds were remixed, reedited or replaced many times.
This levels are quite well detailed, but their main feature the fast-paced, straight, fun, but long-lasting gameplay. I am a DooM fan, so for me it is not boring at all.
A lot of monsters await you.
Starting these levels with a pistol always possible and adviced by me.
Not scripted: you don't need to memorize the place of bosses, arc-viles, etc. Go and kill. Do not count to be teleported to the front of some cyberdemons.
Main texture styles: techwall/sci-fi, metal, skull/gargoyle, panel/wood. There are some similar rooms, but I have had goals with them.
It is the new, extended und much better version of the Telekom.wad. If you have tried v1.2 (or older), it was only a vomit compared with this (1.4), but I am still not satisfied. I am alone and the wad editing is very time consuming. Still squared, flat. The reason, that some levels are based on real/past places.
I also have to mention, that some levels have begun to slow down, so that I decided not to add more details into them.
Tested with: Risen3d 2.203, jDoom 1.7.14, Zdoom 2.53, GZdoom, Prboom+, Legacy.
No duplicate sector errors, so GL ports work fine with the large (1200 sector) levels.
-Use the friendly fire always! (I know, it is time consuming.) If not, you may run out of ammo.
If you have still ammo problems, start a net game, play alone, there will be much more ammo in coop mode.
-Reconfigure the keyboard, let the spacebar be the fire! Always hold your fingers on the strafe keys!
Using a mouse will cause your sudden death on UV.
-Do not forget to save sometimes!
Additional Credits to :
Playtest and advices: Hawkwind (version 1.3).
Overall: Id Software creator of the best game ever
Gameplay enhancement section:
- Randy Heit : author of Zdoom
- SkyJake : author of Doomsday Engine(Jdoom)
- Graham Jackson: author of Risen3D
- Cheb, Abbs, DaniJ666, Wim Sitters and Chilvence: model and code creators for jDoom and Risen3D
- Chilvence, Freelanzer: organizators of the Doom2 retexturizing project
- other members : who have been created Hi_res textures
- Other members : of the DEng or R3D teams, who were not mentioned above, for example Kurikai.
- Jive : site runner, who repairs your buggy level and puts it into a good megawad pack!
Wad editing section:
- CodeImp: author of Doom Builder
- Dr. Sleep: author of Doom Builder manual
- Csabo : author of XWE
- Olivier Montanuy: author of Deutext
- Jens Hykkelbjerg: author of RMB
- id Software: author of Midi2mus
- Jack Vermeulen :author of DeepSea (shareware)
Special thanks for this wad:
- www.arosgate.com: base of a lot of textures
- my mobile phone: base of a lot of textures
- www.henrysfps.com: base of some textures ("henry" serie)
- www.imageafter.com: base of some textures (brick/windows)
- www.filterforge.net: base of some textures
- www.freeseamlesstextures.com: base of some textures
- www.desktopnexus.com: parts of a lot of textures (gargoyle, skull)
- www.nasa.jpl.gov : parts of the planet2 texture
- others on ebay shop: parts of some textures
- www.rohtexturen.de: part of some textures (hybernator)
- www.myxer.com: part of a texture
- www.art.eonworks.com: texture ideas (metal, tech)
- www.boxart.co.uk: texture ideas (metal, tech)
- www.schwarzwolf.de: texture parts, ideas (sci-fi serie)
- DaniJ: texture parts
- Irfan Skiljan: Author of the great IrfanView program
- H.R.Giger (Alien!): 1 texture modified!
Sounds and music section
- www.findsounds.com: a sound search engine
- www.midisite.co.uk: a midi search engine
- www.freemidi.org: a free midisite
- Julio Lema: midi creator
- Gennaro Marchese: midi creator
- Jay Hunnemeyer: midi creator
- Simone Pancri: midi creator
- Kent Annas: midi creator
- Alvaro Escobar Picas: midi creator
- Salim J. Karam: midi creator
- Deep Purple: song author
- Yngwie Malmsteen: song author
- Black Sabbath: song author
- Royal Hunt: song author
- Van Halen: song author
- Iron Maiden: song author
- Led Zeppelin: song author
- Ritchie Blackmore: song author
- Ian Wilson: author of herian.wad (an example wad for ambient lovers)
* What is included *
New levels : Yes
Sounds : Yes (replacement doom sounds in telemus.wad, ambients in telekom.wad)
Music : Yes (telemus.wad)
Graphics : Yes
Dehacked/BEX Patch : Yes
Demos : No
Other : Hi-Res textures and flats, effects, ambient sounds organized to additional wad files, see readme.txt wads section
Other files required : gl nodes not included. If your port needs it and it is not generated automatically, create it first (use glbsp, levels are in telekom.wad)
* Play Information *
Game : DOOM2
Map # : 1-32
Single Player : Designed for
Cooperative 2-4 Player : Yes
Deathmatch 2-4 Player : Player starts only
Other game styles :
Difficulty Settings : Yes
* Construction *
Base : New from scratch, smallde1.wad (doom1) implemented into Telekom, telekom.wad v1.3
Build Time : Years! The first map was made in 1995.
Editor(s) used : Doom Builder, DeepSea shareware, XWE, Midi2mus, Deutext, RMB, Midisoft, sound editors, MsPaint, MsPhotoEditor, IrfanView
Known Bugs : see readme.txt
May Not Run With... : doom2, doom95
* Copyright / Permissions *
Authors may NOT use the contents of this file as a base for
modification or reuse. Permissions have been obtained from original
authors for any of their resources modified or included in this file.
You MAY distribute this file, provided you include this text file, with
no modifications. You may distribute this file in any electronic
format (BBS, Diskette, CD, etc) as long as you include this file
intact. I have received permission from the original authors of any
modified or included content in this file to allow further distribution.
* Where to get the file that this text file describes *
The Usual: ftp://archives.3dgamers.com/pub/idgames/ and mirrors
See my screenshot, video and demo page: http://www.oldanimal.freeweb.hu. Email me what is your opinion.
Have a fun!
Oldanimal- a "classic DooM" lover player